Tuscaloosa Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Helping The Injured
We understand that your motorcycle is a part of you and your identity. Unfortunately, it also puts you at higher risk of being involved in a serious accident. If you find yourself in a severe motorcycle accident, don’t waste any time in seeking a claim. Motorcycle accidents are very dangerous and can often lead to very serious injury or death. In fact, traveling by motorcycle rather than a passenger vehicle automatically increases your risk of injury. As with any auto accident, the likelihood of you being involved in a collision is always unexpected. But if you find yourself a victim of an irresponsible driver, the consequences of being in a motorcycle accident could result in a very unfortunate and expensive situation. Consulting a skilled attorney after an accident could help you receive benefits to cover medical costs as well as other expenses that will result from a motorcycle accident.
What are the main causes of Motorcycle accidents?
Studies show that most motorcycle accidents involve a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle. Motorcycle accidents often occur for the same reasons as accidents involving cars or trucks; however, there are some slight differences. Some causes of accidents that could qualify you for a claim include:
Improper lane changes
- An inattentive driver making an unexpected lane change could very well result in a collision with a motorcyclist. This is quite likely due to the fact that a motorcyclist is far less likely to be spotted in a passenger vehicle’s blindspot.
- A driver suddenly slowing down or stopping in front of a motorcyclist with little warning could cause an accident. A sudden stop in a motorcycle is very dangerous, and halting your vehicle suddenly in front of a motorcyclist gives them very little time to react, likely resulting in a serious injury.
Impaired or drunk driving
- It is always dangerous when a motorist gets behind the wheel of any vehicle when they are under the influence of alcohol. If you are involved in an accident with a driver who is under the influence, texting while driving, or any other circumstance that would impair their ability to pay attention, you will qualify for a claim. Studies also show that most fatal motorcycle accidents involve some sort of impairment from either the victim or the perpetrator. We believe you should not have to suffer severe consequences of another driver’s irresponsibility.
- Dangerous road conditions such as weather or debris could also result in a motorcycle accident. The condition of the surface of the road is also a key factor in what could result in a serious injury. It is always important to be aware of dangerous road conditions when riding a motorcycle and take the necessary precautions.
If your motorcycle is found to have a manufacturing defect, that could also qualify you for a claim as the manufacturer can be found responsible. An experienced attorney can help you to prove that faulty brakes, throttles, or other major manufacturing errors resulted in your accident as well as your injuries. Proving that the manufacturer is responsible could result in significant compensation.
What can result from a serious motorcycle accident?
While a car provides significant protection from a collision, this is not the case with a motorcycle. A passenger vehicle provides a significant amount of safety measures, such as a seatbelt and airbag; a motorcycle, however, leaves the rider completely exposed and unprotected. In fact, an individual is almost 4% more likely to experience a fatal injury in a motorcycle accident than in a car accident. In order to maximize your financial payout, it is important to be able to prove that the rider did everything in their power to provide as much protection as they can on their motorcycle. Helmets and other forms of padding are absolutely necessary as the rider could face severe head trauma if not properly protected. Studies show that wearing a helmet significantly decreases the chance of serious injury or death.
Motorcycle accidents could result in several consequences, such as the aforementioned brain or skull trauma. other kinds of injuries one can sustain include:
- Skin damage
- Burn Damage
- Fracturing/breaking of bones/joints
Another form of injury one could sustain in a motorcycle accident is commonly known as “biker’s arm,” which results in paralysis or other kinds of nerve damage as a result of the bike falling onto the rider’s arm. Those who experience any of these unfortunate injuries can receive a large payout if they pursue legal advice and financial compensation.
Why should I file a claim?
With a skilled attorney by your side, your chances of receiving financial compensation are increased significantly, as well as the likelihood of a much greater settlement. In order to succeed, your case will rely heavily on proving that the other party was at fault. It is likely that the other party’s defense strategy will rely on attempting to prove that you are at least partially responsible for the accident; we understand this and are prepared to do whatever it takes to prove that you are the victim. Thus, having an attorney present is very important and can help to grant you the highest payout possible.
While all auto accidents are hazardous to the driver, a motorcycle accident can be one the most dangerous to be involved in, and the resulting damage can be quite expensive. If you are involved in an accident, the recovery process could be very stressful, especially in regards to the cost. Filing a claim is the first step towards ensuring the financial compensation you deserve. Some areas that could prove to be costly following a motorcycle accident include:
- Medical Costs
- Vehicular Repair Costs
- Emotional or Psychological Distress
- Pain or Discomfort
We know that the grueling recovery process can be a difficult one and can even result in lasting damage for years to come; we are committed to ensuring the best possible payout to make your recovery easier.
If you or a loved one has been hurt, injured or involved in a serious motorcycle accident, contact Attorney Jason C. Neff for help! We will work hard to help you get the justice and compensation that YOU deserve!
Thank you so much for all you have done for John. We know you have gone beyond any expectations for him. It is up to him now. Thank you again.